Thursday, April 27, 2017

Running "Happy?"

     
     
        I wonder often what other people think about when they run. Running is a battle and everyone fights that battle differently. They either choose not to run at all or they find a way to cope with the pain, lack of oxygen, and exhaustion. Running really is hard.

       I go to sad places. I've found that to take my mind off of every pain I feel when each foot hits the ground, I need to go to a place that hurts even more. I get lost there in that place that makes a person want to cry during their "healthy" activity. "Brooks" has this motto that says "Run Happy." I really don't get the motto because I don't understand how anyone is happy when doing something so stupid looking and miserable.

       During the summer months, I get up early to run in the cooler air or run after the sun goes down, because I cannot tolerate the heat. During the winter months, I wrap every inch of my body up in layers of fabric to keep myself from freezing to death as my eye lashes freeze and snow builds onto my beard that I keep for this reason. No one likes this. They like how it makes them feel after. I'm in that boat.

        I like being done running. I feel accomplished; especially if I had run in terrible conditions. But during the run, I need to go to a different place.

       I make myself miserable to learn to tolerate something a little less miserable.



Sing.
Migrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment