Wednesday, March 26, 2014

See You At The Finish


I ran and I ran and I ran. I ran against the wind, over the snow banks and across the ice rinks that froze into my path. I ran against the winter. I have nothing to run for most days. Most days I run because I have made an oath that should not be broken. This day I ran against the winter. I ran when I didn't feel like going out again in another blistering cold morning or another lonely dark night. Some nights I run to release my anger. This night was directed at no one in particular. I just wanted to defeat something that cannot be controlled.

This is when you know you aren't going back to sitting on that couch. You're body and mind are against it. You must run. You must go free.

It's been a couple of great weeks of running. No real pains. No significant snow. Just cold. I can handle cold as long as it leaves it's precipitation behind. This weekend is the CF Half Marathon. I am so excited to run this with my friends. This isn't a race I have a desire to PR or a desire to make any goals in. I love the cause and I love my friends that are running it with me. I'm gonna take it slow and have a great time. Sometimes I forget that running isn't all about competitive times and meeting goals. Sometimes it's just about the sweat and the next step in front of you. Sometimes you just have to laugh with the people around you then have a beer with them after.

I love running and I love my friends. This will be a great month to hit the pavement and watch the weather change.

I'll see you at the finish friends.






Sing.
Migrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment