Saturday, March 15, 2014

Green


Been a while since I logged anything significant. Last time I wrote I was taking a four day break from running to assess the damage to my knees. After four days off, my first run was a little sore which left me discouraged. The next day, I learned that every day is a different day. The pain I felt the day before was absent from my four mile run the next. I ran for the next six days without pain, took a day off, and ran five more. I have been taking the pace easy and not running more than six miles to be safe, but I think I'm out of the woods.

I was able to hit my goal of 100 miles for February bringing me to month ten of doing so. The winter has been harsh to say the least and I am stronger, but slower. I've become accustomed to taking my pace down to about 9/min miles to avoid splitting my head open and turning the white snow red. I will have to start some speed work when it's safe to breathe the air again to get my pace up.

Tomorrow I will run the Kona St. Pats day 10K, then hightail it to Corktown to run the 5K. It's going to be challenging given I will have one hour to get from Plymouth to Detroit and park to hit the start on time. I would have just done the Dublin Double, but Corktown is sentimental to my wife and I as it is both of our first races.

Picked up a new pair of shoes today at REI for some speed work. My Ghost 6's are a bit heavy for speed, so I grabbed some Brooks Pureconnect 2's for $44. I won on that deal I think.

Well, this was an extremely boring post, but I wanted to put it down. Like running, not everything is a PR, so I'll keep writing even when things are a bit boring.

Oh, also I got new running sunglasses. I picked up some Team USA Oakley's because...Merica.





Sing.
Migrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment