Sunday, August 17, 2014

Week VIII


Week VIII
30.5 Miles

This was a difficult week for me. It started out with the trails in Ann Arbor for seven miles, which bring me hills. I felt a little torn up in the right hip/hamstring area after. This isn't a new pain, I've been dealing with it for months, but not on this level. It's become a distraction to my success, so I try to ignore it. I don't think it's serious, so I'm gonna train through it and hope it doesn't cripple me.

Isn't that sad? I'm willing to risk being crippled for one accomplishment. Truth is, this race means everything to me. It means I can overcome anything. I've lost a lot in the last five years. I've lost my best friend/brother to suicide. I've lost some fortitude of faith. I've lost that burning will to put the world beneath my feet. I need this. I'm throwing all of me into this. I'm going to run this race for Will and the pain he has left in me. I'm going to run out all of my energy to be angry. I don't want to be angry anymore. Instead, I want to hold my head to the sky and shout in exhausted victory.

I did the two four milers at home. Nothing to write home about. I just ran.

The 15 miler in Traverse City was a different story. We got off to a late start and ended up running almost mid-day. I got to mile 10 before the run became a battle. I knew I was getting tired and depleted and there was nothing I could do right. I drank the water and ate the fuel. But I bonked again. I don't know whats wrong with me in the heat, but it is my Kryptonite. I should probably see a Dr. about heat intolerance, but who has the time for that. I slept all winter with the window open mind you.

I bent over a lot and dropped my sweat onto the pavement and I finished the run. I ran the 15 miles. It wasn't pretty, but nothing I try to do is. I fought hard and refused to give up. That is the positive I'll take from the run. I will not give up before collapse.


Sing.
Migrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment