Monday, October 13, 2014

Week XVII

Week XVII
8 miles

I'm injured. I ran my 8 mile long run of the week on Monday and had significant pain the whole way. I finished the run, but I'm not going to finish the week...or the next. I need to rest until the race if I have any shot at all of finishing.

I'm grasping at straws now. All research and knowledge I have acquired is mute because I have a very real injury.

Despite the injury, I have come too far to cower. I will run this race and I will run it with every last bit of me that is left. I'm taking the last two weeks off to give me the best chance of rest. I'm going to gut this one out. I'm going to take all of the anger and grief and pride and heartbreak and make it propel my broken legs to the finish if I have to.

Sing.
Migrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment