Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Week XVI

Week XVI
17.09 miles

Taper Week 1

Started the week with a trail run after work with my work running group. It felt ok. The hip still hurts, but I kept a really slow pace and tried to enjoy the color changes in the woods. I'm trying to forget about my hip and knee. I'm afraid that I am actually injured and not just hurt.

I ran a twelve with my wife (Laura) and our friend Tracy. I wanted to keep my pace down so I welcomed the company for our last long run of the training. I took a place behind them to let them set the pace. I was really trying not to push the pace and this seemed like the best way. The girls kept a really fast pace and I thought that maybe I could benefit from a little slower, but I'm not gonna be that guy. My hip hurt the whole way and at mile 8, my hip voiced it's opinion on the matter. I stretched at every red light, but I couldn't keep it out. I am actually injured two and a half weeks before the biggest race of my life. I finished strong, but discouraged and angry.

I skipped the 4 and the 5 mile to give my legs some time to rethink their injuries. I
l'll give them a go next week. The long run will be 8 miles. I'll do that first to see where my knees are at and do the rest after.



Sing.
Migrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment