Thursday, February 20, 2014

Training Log 2.13-2.19

Training log from 2/13-2/19
 
2.13- Four miles around the house- pain in both knees and the right hip. Uneven surface and uncleared walks. Cold to the bones. Am I hurt or injured? Hurt.
 
2.15- Four miles. Again the pain. Starting to nag at me, forcing me to stop to stretch every 3/4 mile or so. Ran decently fast for the surface at 08:40/mile. I've sworn off Yaktrax for the season as I believe they are adding to the pain problems by forcing my feet side to side. Not sure though. Am I hurt or injured? Hurt.
 
2.16- Five miles. First half was encouraging with the knees. Hip was numb, but the knees started rattling at 2.5 and made the rest of the run pretty miserable. Still cold, negative wind chill. I should run later in the day on these cold days. Am I hurt or injured? Hurt.
 
2.17- Four miles. 3rd worst run this year. Pace was crawl, legs hurt from the first mile on. The snow has melted on the walk. These are my least favorite conditions to run in. Every step brings with it a white slurpee that kicks piles onto the other foot. Temp was lower and comfortable, but I'd take sub-zero over water-logged socks. Holding back swears every time I splash into an unseen puddle. Had to stop every half mile to stretch the knees. Took to the street for a few, but cars purposely speeding up and splashing me. Am I hurt or injured? Hurt?
 
2.19- Warmest day since Jan. 1 and I am on the treadmill. I hate the mill, but I need a flat surface. Waited for the pain at mile 1.3, but it never really came in full force. I felt it, but it wasn't stopping me. Left the gym feeling good about it. I think I'll have to keep to the mill until the pain is dulled or gone. Am I hurt or injured? Hurt.
 
Excited for the Rock CF half marathon next month. I have a lot of friends running it, so I am excited to run with familair faces. I have no aspirations of trying to run it fast, I'm going to loaf it laughing. February having 28 days is a serious detriment to my ninth straight month of running 100 miles or more. This has been the first time I doubted reaching it. 74.6 miles down with 9 days remaining. I'll hopefully get in two days off before I begin my quest to defeat March.
 
Sing.
Migrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment