Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Four Days

Four Days...

Static in training. I've been sidelined. I'm not ready to admit I'm injured, but the two six mile runs over the weekend put my knees into a bad way at work. I have the luxury this month to have four days off and still have a chance to hit my one-hundred mile goal. I will complete the goal with a five mile run on Friday; God willing. Hopefully four days will be enough to shake off what's left of any inflammation. I'm on day two and feel like I could have run it today. For once though, I'm going to play it safe and take the whole four days and continue a stretching regimen.

Sometimes things like injuries and setbacks in life are demoralizing. There is this heart-hurt that happens when our spirits desire to do what our bodies cannot do, at least when we want them to.

Friday I'm gonna run. If I run without pain, I'm gonna laugh and run like the devil. But if I take a knee, I'm going to have to quit this one-hundred mile challenge and call myself injured, taking the necessary steps to rehab my legs. Wish me luck.



Sing.
Migrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment