Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Training Report 2/8-2/12


Interesting last few days. 2/8- 2/12

Sat. 2/8- Four miler around the neighborhood. Bad footing still due to ice refrozen beneath the snow, after a fresh 2 1/2 inches. Used the Yaktrax for this one. Ran at a 09:17 pace, which isn't disappointing for me considering the conditions.

2/10- Ran 11.2 with Tim Johnson (Teeeeeej) and David White (My new friend who hasn't been given his nickname yet). 9:45/mi pace with a major stop due to incapability issues between the Gu I ate and my stomach. Thanks God for little hole in the wall diners. Tweaked my left knee somewhere during mile 10. Felt a twinge, but felt it really good later. Hip has been bugging me for a week or so, tolerable, but now a little more tender. Felt good with the distance, could have gone much further I think. Taking the day off on the 15th to rest my pains.

2/12- 5.1 at Gallup Park in Ann Arbor on the way home from a work thing. Trail was clear and pretty. Felt the knee and hip, but got through encouraged that the damage isn't serious. Still concerned mildly about it. I will probably run three more 4 milers this week depending on pain.

I'm on month 8 of my goal of an entire year running 100 miles per month. Last month was difficult due to weather, but I succeeded. I am ahead of the game right now at 49.6 miles behind me with 15 days remaining.

Feeling a bit discouraged with the pain in the legs. I don't get tired anymore and feel like I want to set really big goals, but every time I turn a corner, my joints revolt. The upside is that I think the uneven surfaces from running almost exclusively outdoors have strengthened my legs and helped my stamina. I just hope my joints will be ready for the rigors of a marathon and it's training schedule. My spirit feels ready now.



Sing.
Migrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment