Monday, July 7, 2014

Week II


The view from inside my pack. My abdomen takes photos during my run and even posted one to Instagram. 


Week II.
22 miles.
Home from the beauty of Mackinac and back into the meat grinder. Miles seem days longer when you have nothing new to look at. Came in to the week pretty buzzed from my runs Up North. Flew through the first 13 miles of the week with ease. Even bought a new watch. The Sportwatch was losing mileage when I paused it for street waiting/crossing, so I picked up the Garmin 220 for myself and the wife (I'm awesome I know).

Then the long run came. Planned a nice bike path run in Flatrock with my training partner Brian. Decided to go at 1 PM in 86 degree heat 86% humidity. It seemed like a good choice at the time. I'm used to morning runs and just came out of my most productive winter running season in my history, logging >100 miles each month. I guess I forgot about the heat and the sun being directly overhead at 1 PM. There was no cloud cover or shade and only brought 16 oz of water with me.

Mile 4.5 was when it occurred to me that I wasn't feeling well. Mile 6 is when I realized my sweat had turned to salt on my face and my skin produced no sweat. The last three miles of the 9 were hellish as I fought myself to keep running. I just could not find any energy. It was rather embarrassing as 9 miles isn't a long way for me.

I left the week pretty discouraged and down on myself.



Sing.
Migrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment