Monday, July 7, 2014

Week III


Week III.
29.5 miles logged

Legs felt weak for the shorter runs. Pace was slow. I'm used to an 8:30/mile as a comfortable place to be. Seemed to be staying around 9:00/mile for some reason. It was pretty hot and muggy out, so I'll blame that. Still feel a little bummed about my last long run and I was dreading the 11 miler scheduled for this week. It was supposed to be a step-back week, but I am going back Up North, so I'll take the opportunity to run the long miles there.

Brought 40oz of water with me, knowing there was a store about halfway if I needed to refill. I ate well the day before and filled up with carbs the morning of the long one. I caught a break with the weather. The humidity cleared out and the temperature dropped into the 60's at run time (9 am). I started running and never felt a moment of struggle the entire 11 miles. I kept a 9:30/mile pace, which is a little slower than the pace I hope to maintain for the marathon. I ran the first half with caution and stayed at about 9:50/mile or so to test my energy and legs and made up some time on the way back. I felt awesome after the run and encouraged that the run was so easy.

Ended the week at home with a recovery run with my son, which offered me the wonderful opportunity to coach his form and teach him breathing. Running with my child is a priceless time worth everything to me.

Next week is a step-down week.

Sing.
Migrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment