Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Week VI


Week VI
21.03 Miles.

This was a step back week. I logged a couple of three milers at home to get the legs back under me after the previous week. Chose to add a speed work day with Justin, unbeknownst to him until the half mile mark when I picked up the pace to 6:30 until mile 1.5, then tapered down into the low to mid 7's. I think Justin secretly likes the torture, sadistic freak show that he is.

Ran a 6 mile trail run midweek to work on my strength of mind and legs. I found a little community park by my work in Ann Arbor that provides 3 miles of trails, so I ran it twice.

Brian and I smashed a quick (for us) 9 mile run around and inside Belle Isle to round out the step back week.

Next week, the training gets real as everything steps up a level. 4, 7, 4, 14. I'm working on planning the long one with Brian, then will tackle the following week's 15 in Traverse City with the Mrs.

Training get tiring, but my feel good. Only minor aches and pains. I feel strong, I think do to the trail runs with their steep hills.


Sing.
Migrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment